[Openmcl-devel] Documentation and Arglist

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Mon Dec 16 13:16:12 PST 2002

I am using ILISP with OpenMCL and I think it is a great combination.
HyperSpec lookup works really well, especially when you need a good
reference explanation. However, most of the time argument list
information and/or documentation from the inferior lisp would be enough
as well as faster and more conveniant. I know which variables to set to
preserve the argument lists and documentation strings of my code. What
I am looking for is a lisp image in which the argument list information
and the documentation for all standard common lisp symbols and some of
the important ccl symbols are present (for development I wouldn't mind
a slightly larger image). Is there a way to create such an image ?

Instead of rebuilding an image, there maybe could exist a file that you
can load that recreates the necessary datastructures to make this
information available.

I know that in MCL there is a file called MCL Help (Map) that does
contains most of the info needed. Was that file (and its contents) part
of the deal when OpenMCL became open source ? What I mean is, could we
take that info and use it ?

Sven

Sven Van Caekenberghe - mailto:sven at beta9.be
Beta Nine - software engineering - http://www.beta9.be