[Openmcl-devel] libraries with 0.12 darwin

Michael Klingbeil michael at klingbeil.com
Sun Jul 7 17:59:32 PDT 2002

Actually you can open a shared library of type .dylib (Darwin dynamic
shared libraries) with the ccl::open-dylib function. Just give it a
pathname to the library to open. You mention your database lib is a
"Carbon shared library" which might mean it is in PEF format rather
than mach-o so it won't work for that. If you have the sources to the
database library it would probably be best to recompile for mach-o.
Otherwise you might be able to open some carbon compatibility libs
and then use the Code Fragment manager APIs to open the PEF format
library. But I don't know all the details of how to do that.

I'm very close to finishing more general support for
open-shared-library under darwin (will support bundles which can also
be closed). There are a few remaining issues to fix, but it should be
ready soon. But this is still for mach-o only.

As far as support for C++, I'm not sure how to approach that. Things
like name mangling, vtables formats, etc. vary from compiler to
compiler, so I think this would present some problems. But C
libraries work very well.

Hope this helps.