[Openmcl-devel] OpenMCL future

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Fri Sep 13 17:54:58 PDT 2002

On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Rainer Joswig wrote:

> > > - CLIM (the real CLIM, not FreeCLIM) based on Cocoa/Quartz
> >
> >As far as I am aware, "FreeCLIM" aka "McCLIM" is an implementation of
> >the CLIM specification... what do you mean by "real" here?
>
> A port of the original CLIM implementation, also sold by Digitool
> for MCL.

>From what I understand and have heard, the licensing issues surrounding
the official/"real" CLIM are mind-numbing.  I don't think that Digitool's
CLIM license would allow them to LGPL it, and I don't know how commercial
CLIM could be used in OpenMCL.

(I -believe- that I'm correct in thinking that Digitool's CLIM is a
commercial product that they licensed from some other company.)

> I think a Wiki for OpenMCL would be fine.

I started to put together a Wiki to serve as an OpenMCL "to-do list";
what I have so far is at:

<http://openmcl.clozure.com/ToDo>

I'd hoped to have more time to work on it (both on adding content and on
trying to improve the presentation), but there might be enough there for
interested people to comment on and add to (and I'll try to add more as
well.)