[Openmcl-devel] default volume name

John DeSoi desoi at icx.net
Fri Sep 20 13:20:32 PDT 2002

Is there a way to get the default volume in OpenMCL? I have a strange
(hopefully temporary) situation with a ported library. The file
operations require a FSSpec record. The good news is that I can call
#_FSMakeFSSpec in OpenMCL. The bad news is that this function expects
a Mac style path name with ":" as the directory separator. So as a
temporary fix, I wanted to convert something like:

/Folder/file.txt to MyVol:Folder:file.txt.

Is there a better solution? Maybe I just need some other OS X API call?

Thanks,

John DeSoi, Ph.D.