[Openmcl-devel] OpenMCL/fink

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Fri Sep 27 20:21:59 PDT 2002

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002, John DeSoi wrote:

> Hi Kevin,
>
> At 5:46 PM -0600 9/27/02, Kevin Rosenberg wrote:
> >I've recently taken over the maintainence of Debian's openmcl
> >package. In this new release that I'm creating (0.13+cvs updates),
> >I'm also adding support for Common Lisp Controller. To that end,
> >I need a way to set the exit status for the openmcl.
>
> Sorry I can't help with the original question, but it made me think
> of another. I was wondering if you have looked at Fink
> (http://fink.sourceforge.net/index.php) which is a debian-like
> distribution system for OS X. If you are already maintaining OpenMCL
> and Portable AllegroServe in Debian it would be great to have them in
> Fink if it is not a lot of extra work.

Unless someone else wants to volunteer, I'd be willing to look into
trying to put together a Fink OpenMCL package.

Whoever does it, I think that it'd be ideal if the Fink and Debian
packages were kept as functionally equivalent as possible (e.g., as
CVS snapshots as of the same date, etc.)

At the moment, the Fink distribution seems to be transitioning towards
a new 0.4.1 release (to address OSX 10.2 compatibility issues, I assume.)
The 0.4.1 distribution seems to be there (and most of the package descriptions
seem to view it as "current"), but the main web page seems to imply that
the current version is 0.4.0a.  I don't know whether 0.4.1 packages are
built in exactly the same way as previous versions (but I assume that it's
fairly easy to find out ...)