[Openmcl-devel] OpenMCL/fink

Kevin Rosenberg kevin at rosenberg.net
Sat Sep 28 07:55:01 PDT 2002

Gary Byers wrote:
> Unless someone else wants to volunteer, I'd be willing to look into
> trying to put together a Fink OpenMCL package.

Depending upon how similar Fink packages are to Debian packages, you
are welcome to use my Debian packing as a start.

> Whoever does it, I think that it'd be ideal if the Fink and Debian
> packages were kept as functionally equivalent as possible (e.g., as
> CVS snapshots as of the same date, etc.)

Currently, I maintain 26 packages in the Debian distribution
(http://b9.com/debian.html). Most of them are Lisp related.

I don't know if Fink uses the debian subdirectory of a package for
building a Fink package. For a fair number of upstream packages, I've
been given CVS write access to the Debian directory.

So, I'm willing to volunteer maintaining a debian directory in
openmcl's CVS tree. Then, depending upon how Fink packages are made,
this may faciliate keeping fink & debian packages synchronized.

> At the moment, the Fink distribution seems to be transitioning towards
> a new 0.4.1 release (to address OSX 10.2 compatibility issues, I assume.)
> The 0.4.1 distribution seems to be there (and most of the package
> descriptions

I'll likely test that when I get OS X reinstalled.

Thanks for the help!

--
       Kevin Rosenberg        |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
  http://b9.com/debian.html   | : :' :      The  universal