[Openmcl-devel] some threads documentation, finally

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Apr 14 18:12:25 PDT 2003

There's (finally) some documentation on OpenMCL's thread API (concentrating
especially on new native-thread features in 0.14).  It's available in pdf
form in the /testing directory on clozure.com:

<http://clozure.com/testing/threads.pdf>

<ftp://clozure.com/pub/testing/threads.pdf>

and online on the website:

<http://openmcl.clozure.com/Doc/threads.html>

I've been trying to change the way that the OpenMCL documentation (such as
it is) is produced and don't yet have a good way of distributing "simple"
HTML files (without all of the website's headers & footers.)

I hope that the threads docs are at least a good start and that they'll be
helpful to anyone interested in alpha-testing 0.14; I'd appreciate any
suggestions for improvements.

I'll try to put together a set of quasi-stable binaries, release notes,
and examples for 0.14 as soon as I can.  Anyone downloading the most
recent 0.14 alpha binaries should note that the lisp now needs Jaguar-
specific interface files to compile itself; an archive containing
preliminary Jaguar interface files is available in the /testing directory.

Gary Byers
gb at clozure.com