[Openmcl-devel] create an executable from openmcl

Erann Gat gat at flownet.com
Thu Apr 17 10:59:21 PDT 2003

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Gary Byers wrote:

> As far as making a "minimal" adder.image ... it's strange to hear
> myself say this, but I think that the modularity and infrastructure
> and other issues (packaging, distribution) are way more important.
> There are certainly arguments that suggest that a 5MB ADD3 program is
> somewhat excessive, but if it's a -really good- ADD3 program most
> people wouldn't care that it happens to have a (mostly unused) CL
> implementation in it.  Would they ?

I don't know how viable a suggestion this is, but CLisp has a cute hack
where you can chmod +x a .fasl file and will automagicaly do the right
thing.  I think the way it's done is that .fasl files have #!/bin/clisp
prepended to them, and then the CLisp executable has startup code that
does the Right Thing when passed a .fasl file as a startup argument.

Seems like something like this shouldn't be too hard to do.

E.