[Openmcl-devel] Alpaca 0.2.1 (for lisp programmers) (fwd)

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Apr 21 11:15:29 PDT 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 09:27:55 -0700
From: mikel evins
To: Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com>
Subject: Alpaca 0.2.1 (for lisp programmers)

Gary,

[Feel free to forward this to interested parties]

I've updated Alpaca 0.2 to version 0.2.1. The changes are intended to
be helpful to lisp programmers who are downloading it.

I noticed several downloads since you posted to openmcl-dev, and so I
thought if people are grabbing it I'd better fix a couple of things.

Specifically, there were some typos in the README, the worst one being
a misspelling of my email address, and I thought the README could use
some instructions on how to build Alpaca; I thought it might be a
little obscure if undocumented.

I use a simple hacked version of the 'openmcl' script to build, called
'omclmake', and I added that to the source distribution, along with an
image file that makes it possible to do 'hands-off' builds using
omclmake.

My normal modus operandi is to do "M-x compile" in Emacs with the
compile command "omclmake", which rebuilds Alpaca in a couple seconds
on my iBook. (Only works when Emacs thinks the current directory is the
toplevel Alpaca source directory).

Anyhow, for more complete instructions on building Alpaca (and other
Cocoa apps) see the updated README with the source.

--me