[Openmcl-devel] Specifying interface db file locations

Duncan Rose duncan at robotcat.demon.co.uk
Sun Dec 14 08:05:04 PST 2003

Thanks for the response; unfortunately use-interface-dir doesn't seem
to help. Maybe I'm not using it correctly. For example, my error
message is:

Warning: Interface file #4P"ccl:darwin-headers;cocoa;records.cdb" does
not exist.

Specifying (use-interface-dir ...) allows me to specify the "cocoa" bit
in the middle. So openmcl still attempts to look in
"ccl:darwin-headers;<my bit>;records.cdb". The problem is that in my
saved image, "ccl:" doesn't seem to map to where I want it to be.

If I use /usr/local/openmcl/ccl/dppccl as my image, the interface files
are found with no problem. If however I build an image using bosco (so
the dppccl / dppccl.image files are written to a subdirectory of
Bosco.app) the new image can't find the interface files.

I assumed that maybe the ccl: (device?) part of the path was being set
relative to the image. Copying the darwin-headers directory into the
location the image is doesn't work however (e.g. the bosco application
is set up:

    Bosco.app/
      Contents/
        MacOS/
          dppccl
          dppccl.image
          darwin-headers/

after copying the headers directory but ccl::cdb-open can't find the
interface files. Making a ccl/ directory at the same level as the
MacOS/ directory and putting the darwin-headers/ under there doesn't
help either).

To be honest I don't want to be copying the interface files around
anyway. But I'd still like openmcl to be able to find them.

If I start a usual openmcl session and (require "COCOA") to get the
cocoa listener up I don't observe the same problems, so I'm figuring at
the moment I'm configuring something wrongly when I build my image (I
think I'm correct in believing that the cocoa ide uses a different
image within which to run). I just don't know what.

-Duncan