[Openmcl-devel] command line arguments?

Rick Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Tue Dec 16 10:38:55 PST 2003

Hello, Im running 0.13 on Darwin. I would like to be able to deterine
the directory from which my image is being  booted. I had hoped that
(ccl::command-line-arguments) would give this information to me, but
the -I or --image-name options are never included on the list when I
specify it on the command line with-or-without explicitly adding them
to my application class. ive tried both the 'openmcl' script and
execing dppccl direcltly.  Is there some way to get the value of the
"-I" arg from inside the booted image? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

% ./dppccl -I ../bin/cm-2.4.0/openmcl_0.13.2_darwin-powerpc/cm.image
? (ccl::command-line-arguments)
("./dppccl")
? (lisp-implementation-version)
"Version (Beta: Darwin) 0.13.2"
? (describe ccl::*application*)
#<CM #x51E827E>
Class: #<STANDARD-CLASS CM>
Wrapper: #<CCL::CLASS-WRAPPER CM #x51E825E>
Instance slots
CCL::COMMAND-LINE-ARGUMENTS: (#S(CCL::COMMAND-LINE-ARGUMENT :KEYWORD
:HELP

:HELP-STRING "this text"

:OPTION-CHAR #\h
                                                             :LONG-NAME
"help"

:MAY-TAKE-OPERAND NIL

:ALLOW-MULTIPLE NIL)
                               #S(CCL::COMMAND-LINE-ARGUMENT :KEYWORD
:IMAGE-NAME

:HELP-STRING "image-name <file>"

:OPTION-CHAR #\I
                                                             :LONG-NAME
"image-name"

:MAY-TAKE-OPERAND T

:ALLOW-MULTIPLE NIL)
                               #S(CCL::COMMAND-LINE-ARGUMENT :KEYWORD
:LOAD

:HELP-STRING "load <file>"

:OPTION-CHAR #\l
                                                             :LONG-NAME
"load"

:MAY-TAKE-OPERAND T

:ALLOW-MULTIPLE T)
                               #S(CCL::COMMAND-LINE-ARGUMENT :KEYWORD
:EVAL

:HELP-STRING "evaluate <form> (may need to quote <form> in shell)"

:OPTION-CHAR #\e
                                                             :LONG-NAME
"eval"

:MAY-TAKE-OPERAND T