[Openmcl-devel] New 0.14 binaries

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Sat Dec 20 07:01:25 PST 2003

On Dec 20, 2003, at 9:16 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

> This is mostly an opportunity to package the last month's worth of
> bug fixes; the fixes and other changes are described at:
>
> <http://openmcl.clozure.com/Distributions/openmcl-release-0.14
> -031220.html>

As per your request that we inform you of any potential problems with
making this the stable branch, I'm reporting the following problem:

After installing 0.14-031220, and executing (require
'cocoa-application), I do not get a double clickable OpenMCL.app. This
is under Mac OS 10.3.2 (Panther, latest rev). The OpenMCL.app will
launch if called from the command line dppccl by (require 'cocoa), but
it will not launch from the Finder.

The last version for which I could reliably build a double-clickable
OpenMCL.app was 0.14-031108. Since then, using sources from CVS, and
now, these latest binary and source tar balls, results in the problem
I've noted above.

Is there something that needs to be modified in the info.plist or
somesuch? Again, I do not think that this is merely a caching problem,
as it persists between reboots.

thanks in advance for any insights, and for all your (and Randall
Beer's) hard work.

regards,

Raf