[Openmcl-devel] problem building bosco on 0.14-031220

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Mon Dec 22 07:06:05 PST 2003

On Dec 22, 2003, at 9:35 AM, Gary Byers wrote:

> Mikel Evins has been working on a different approach to Cocoa
> application development: in his "Bosco" system (see http://evins.net)
> he creates a skeletal bundle, copies a Cocoa-aware lisp image into
> that bundle, then incrementally turns the prototype application into
> something ... less prototypical.  There may be some tradeoffs
> involved, but his approach certainly avoids the "pretend I'm over here"
> *DEFAULT-BUNDLE-EXECUTABLE-PATH* nonsense ...

I'm not sure if this is something that you, Gary, or Mikel would be
best equipped to deal with, but I've run into the following error when
trying to build bosco under OpenMCL version 0.14-031220:

raffaelc$ openmcl -l bosco.asd -e "(make)"
 > Error in process listener(1): value #:BOSCO is not of the expected
type STRING.
 > While executing: CCL::%SHARED-INITIALIZE
 > Type :POP to abort.
Type :? for other options.
1 >

Again, I don't know whether this reflects a mistake on my part, a bug
in bosco, or a problem introduced with 12/20, since I've never tried to
build bosco with a previous version of OpenMCL, and I no longer have an
older version to test with.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

warmest regards,

Raf