[Openmcl-devel] Possible problem with host-namestring

Gary King gwking at cs.umass.edu
Mon Dec 22 17:12:16 PST 2003

I think I'm now less confused <smile>.

Start OpenMCL fresh and try:

Welcome to OpenMCL Version (Beta: Darwin) 0.13.6!
? (host-namestring #4P"ccl:foo;bar.bat")
"ccl:"

Looking at the definition for host-namestring in MCL and OpenMCL shows
that, sure enough, OpenMCL appends a #\: to the return value. This
doesn't seem right to me but maybe it is. I'm happy to work around it
if this makes the rest of OpenMCL better.

;; MCL
(defun host-namestring (path)
   (let ((host (pathname-host path)))
     (if (and host (neq host :unspecific)) host  "")))

;; OpenMCL
(defun host-namestring (path)
   (let ((host (pathname-host path)))
     (if (and host (neq host :unspecific)) (%str-cat host ":") "")))

Thanks,
--
Gary Warren King, Lab Manager
EKSL East, University of Massachusetts * 413 577 0176

"The incompetence of our adversaries has given us an exaggerated idea
of how much progress we have made in transforming our forces."
     Loren B. Thompson of the independent Lexington Institute