[Openmcl-devel] My Experiences going from 0.13.2 to 0.13.4

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Fri Feb 7 16:05:24 PST 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003, bryan o'connor wrote:

> while i'm here, should we as a group maintain a page
> at the openmcl wiki or cliki with pointers to openmcl
> ported packages and projects?  does something like
> this already exist?
>
> 					...bryan

There -is- (finally) a publically-editable set of wiki pages on
the OpenMCL web site (see the "Resources" link on the web page's
menubar.)

This has been hidden in plain sight for a few weeks now.  I added
a page of "General CL Resources" (things like CLHS and cliki),
and made the ToDo list (which had been hidden even more deeply)
a little more accessable; there are certainly other things that
could be added there.

Anyone can edit these pages (unless I botched something in setting
them up); if spam ever gets to be a problem, we can consider other
policies.

The OpenMCL web site uses the Zope Content Management Framework;
the Wiki pages are sometimes called "CMFWikiWebs".  There's some
online help that explains how to edit pages (start with the "Edit"
or "Comment" entries in the menu box on the left of the page.)  I
don't know that Zope's text formatting rules are as intuitive as
their authors intend, but it's possible to add and modify content
with a little trial and error.

I would think that the "Resources" frontpage would be a good place
to link to a list of ported applications.  (Someone tried adding
such a link to the "ToDo" list before the main Resources page existed.)

Perhaps it'd be a good idea to mention the Resources page on the
main web page, or to add a News entry or something.  I hope that it
works well enough to be useful, and I'll try to make it less of a
secret.