[Openmcl-devel] OpenMCL.app

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Fri Jun 27 15:16:56 PDT 2003

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, Damond Walker wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I've been playing with OpenMCL (0.14) from the console for the past few
> weeks and I like it a lot.  It's so much faster than Clisp.
>
>     I've built an image with all the Cocoa stuff included.  Doing a (require
> 'cocoa) brings up the listener as it should and it appears to work fine.
>
>     I noticed the inclusion of an App package so I simply copied a
> dppccl.image into the proper path and tried to fire it up.  It fails to load
> and if you view the console you see messages like:
>
> Unknown option: -psn_0_7208961
>     I noticed that in cocoa-application.lisp there is a blurb about handling
> a boggus commandline.  Can anyone help me figure out how to build an image
> which supports being called from OS X directly instead of going to the
> console?

"ccl:examples;cocoa-application.lisp" describes how to do what you're
trying to do, pretty much step-by-step.  (I think that you may still
have to do a few of these steps manually; you generally need to read
the comments in that

Mikel Evins <http://alpaca.sourceforge.net> has been working on a text
editor derived from the OpenMCL Cocoa example; I believe that he's done
some work on streamlining the process.