[Openmcl-devel] openmcl daemon

Erik Pearson erik at adaptations.com
Thu Apr 15 16:28:03 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on setting up an openmcl application which replaces
the development REPL with one designed to run as a remote server. When this
application is deployed, I want to maintain a primary "control" thread, but
need it to essentially run a REPL on a network connection, so that I can
access the server while it is running and observe it from the inside.
Later, I'll want to tweak the way this works, or provide another type of
control interface -- through a tradition REPL or maybe not.

I've set this sort of thing up on Franz CL, which provides simple hooks to
replace the main loop.

Anyway, I started browsing through the source for l1-application.lisp,
which looks like the right place to be -- but additional pointers,
examples, advice would be most welcome.

Thanks,

Erik.

--