[Openmcl-devel] openmcl daemon

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Apr 15 23:13:29 PDT 2004

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Erik Pearson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for advice on setting up an openmcl application which replaces
> the development REPL with one designed to run as a remote server. When this
> application is deployed, I want to maintain a primary "control" thread, but
> need it to essentially run a REPL on a network connection, so that I can
> access the server while it is running and observe it from the inside.
> Later, I'll want to tweak the way this works, or provide another type of
> control interface -- through a tradition REPL or maybe not.
>
> I've set this sort of thing up on Franz CL, which provides simple hooks to
> replace the main loop.
>
> Anyway, I started browsing through the source for l1-application.lisp,
> which looks like the right place to be -- but additional pointers,
> examples, advice would be most welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Erik.

There were some messages on this list about a week ago that discussed
some similar issues (how to change the "application class" and define
methods to process command-line arguments and control (some) other
application-specific behavior.)

It'd be nice if the search interface on the mailing list archive worked
(fixing/replacing it is on the to-do list); the messages I'm thinking
about were in response to a question about using OpenMCL as a scripting
language.