[Openmcl-devel] Gtk "Hello, world" example in OpenMCL

Andrew P. Lentvorski, Jr. bsder at mail.allcaps.org
Sun Aug 8 18:46:06 PDT 2004

On Aug 8, 2004, at 4:36 PM, Rick Taube wrote:

> why not use ccl/library/openmcl-gtk-support.lisp??  this give you a
> gtk-init and makes gtk-main unnecessary. its a trivial fix to get it
> working on darwin.

Is this actually true?

When I last looked, I thought that the gtk support in openmcl was Gtk
1.X and PPC Linux only.  It never actually ran for Gtk 2.X or for any
flavor of OS X.

If this is not the case, please feel free to correct my misconceptions.

> also, if you are interested,  ive got a ffi to the darwin gtk2 dylibs
> that includes lisp accessors to the gtk objects and automatic
> string->cstring and boolean->int conversion.

I am interested.  Is the code in CVS?  If so, I can just check it out.
Otherwise, a pointer would be helpful.

Nonetheless, the Gtk example code is useful to anyone trying to access
an external library which has not been wrapped.

-a