[Openmcl-devel] ffi-gen problem with va_list

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Aug 16 12:39:56 PDT 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Andrew P. Lentvorski, Jr. wrote:

> On Aug 16, 2004, at 2:53 AM, Gary Byers wrote:
>
> > shell> pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0
>
> Yup, been using Gtk long enough that I got that right.
>
> > There are significant differences between the preprocessors used by
> > GCC 2.95 and GCC 3.X, and it generally doesn't work too well to process
> > one version's preprocessor output with an FFIGEN derived from the other
> > version.  (As I recall, the differences are significant enough that
> > one might not even get this far.)
>
> Yes, I appear to be using a 2.95 based ffigen.

If you have GCC 2.95 installed (it's an optional component of XCode,
at least through version 1.2 of XCode), you can modify the
"h-to-ffi.sh" shell script to use the GCC 2.95 preprocessor by
changing "gcc" to "gcc2" in the definition of the PREPROCESS variable
in the script.

The error you got - where the parser in ffigen was confused by a type
in a GCC 3.3 header file - suggests that there was a mismatch between
the preprocessor and parser.

> Somehow, I missed the announcement of the new ffigen, probably because
> it was classified as spam.  I had to go back to the pipermail archives
> here:

I missed it too, for the same reason.