MOP questions (was Re: [Openmcl-devel] byte-strings)

Ben ben at medianstrip.net
Mon Aug 30 22:50:35 PDT 2004

thanks for the help.

now some MOP questions, relating to adding additional keywords to
slots:

1) it appears that direct-slot-definition-class is receiving initargs
sometimes inside of lists, e.g. like

(:name slot3 :allocation :class :transient (nil))

(transient is a slot keyword which we've added to our specialized
slot-definition.)

why is this? is it safe to assume this will always be the case?

2) i am having trouble using additional slot keywords, because
effective-slot-definition-class isn't getting the keywords.  looking
at the sources compute-effective-slot-definition, it is constructing
an initarg plist that doesn't include my :transient key.  this is is
contrary to my reading of the MOP "spec."

any ideas?

thanks in advance, B