[Openmcl-devel] Ways around the with-simple-restart bug?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Dec 6 05:18:34 PST 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Christian Nybø wrote:

> As reprinted at
> http://clozure.com/pipermail/bug-openmcl/2004-October/000309.html, Drew
> McDermott writes:
> "In version 0.14.2-p1 of OpenMCL, with-simple-restart does not work. "
>
> This happens with my setup, too, and it makes it rather hard to use
> SLIME, as the repl doesn't seem to have anywhere to go when I make an
> error.  Surely there are others using openmcl with slime.  Have you
> fixed this bug?  Found a way around it?  Does the bug occur with a
> specific set of releases?
> --
> chr

The bug's been fixed (in CVS) for a long time.

Unfortunately, there hasn't been a new release of OpenMCL in an even
longer time.  (It would take a few  days to put together, and I haven't
had a few days' time in many months.)

One approach to fixing the bug is described here:

<http://openmcl.clozure.com/openmcl-wiki/PatchErrorSystemFor0_2e14_2e2p1>

(It also works to just do a "cvs update" and rebuild from sources, if
you're comfortable with that.)