[Openmcl-devel] cvs build problem

Rick Taube taube at uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 6 09:13:09 PST 2004

Im trying to build bleeding-edge openmcl from scratch from the cvs
sources and of course im bleeding...after making the kernel and booting
using the an existing dppccl.image openmcl image, (cload-level-0) works
fine and I do get  a new ppc-boot.image. however when i continue trying
to compile the sources i get an error about dfsl versions out of date
that Im not sure what to do about:

pinhead:/Lisp/ccl hkt$ ./dppccl
Welcome to OpenMCL Version (Beta: Darwin) 0.14.1-p1!
? (xload-level-0)
[...]
  cold-load function:
  cold-load function:
  cold-load function:
NIL
? (compile-ccl)
;Compiling "/Lisp/ccl/compiler/nxenv.lisp"...
[...]
;Compiling "/Lisp/ccl/lib/eval.lisp"...
 > Error in process listener(1): Wrong PFSL version.
 > While executing: %FASLOAD
 > Type :POP to abort.
Type :? for other options.
1 >

After removeing fasls Ive tried doing it in two passes:
openmcl
? (load-level-0)
? (xcompile-ccl)
? (quit)
openmcl
(xload-level-0)
[...]
? (compile-ccl)
? (quit)

but when i try to boot the image it gives me an error:

pinhead:/Lisp/ccl hkt$ ./dppccl ppc-boot.image
Unhandled exception 4 at 0x02010004, context->regs at #xbffff578
ERROR: undefined function call: %ERR-DISP
? for help
[11047] OpenMCL kernel debugger:

any help appreciated!
-Rick Taube