[Openmcl-devel] parse-namestring of something like source..newest

Christian Nybø chr at nybo.no
Thu Dec 16 04:24:03 PST 2004

Is it the desired behaviour when:

? (pathname-type #P"source..newest")
"newest"
? (pathname-version #P"source..newest")
:UNSPECIFIC

I would have expected to get nil for -type and :newest for -version.

I have a source file whose logical pathname has no type, and
slime-edit-definition barfs with
'File "hovedfag:bnf..newest" does not exist.'

Once I load the file as "hovedfag:bnf.cl" instead of "hovedfag:bnf",
slime-edit-definition works as advertised.

The fact that the source file has type nil is lost as the pathname is
translated to a string when being stored in ccl::%source-files%.
--
chr