[Openmcl-devel] $_InstallEventHandler Difficulty

David Steuber david at david-steuber.com
Tue Dec 21 22:55:47 PST 2004

OK, I think I've got it.  main-window-event-handler is a MACPTR, not a
function so (#_NewEventHandlerUPP #'main-window-event-handler) was
failing and crashing the app.  But to use it, I had to add
(defparameter main-window-event-handler nil) ahead of main so that the
compiler doesn't think that it is an invalid free variable.  I suppose
I could also move the defcallback up, but I don't really want it ahead
of main.  The defparameter form is no worse than a C function
prototype.

Now to flesh out the functionality of compute-command-handler so I can
see if anything actually happens when I click the button.