[Openmcl-devel] init-file suggestion (with patch)

bryan o'connor bryan-openmcl at lunch.org
Mon Dec 27 01:00:04 UTC 2004

i wanted to use HOME:.openmclrc as my init-file instead of
HOME:openmcl-init.lisp.  i readily admit upfront that it's
purely out of an obsessive need to keep my home directory clean.

to ensure backwards-compatibility, i changed startup-ccl to
accept either an atom or list for the init-file arg.  if a list,
it'll load only the first one that exists.

i then changed the default application-init-file to the list:
	HOME:openmcl-init.lisp		; current
	HOME:.openmclrc			; unix-like
	CCL:openmcl-init.lisp		; system-wide default

to avoid confusion, perhaps the startup message should say which
file (if any) was loaded as the init-file.

then there should probably be a command-line option to specify
the init-file.  i'm leaning towards -i/--user-init.

bugs, suggestions, criticisms, code critique?

				...bryan