[Openmcl-devel] #$ equivalent?

John Wiseman jjwiseman at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 26 22:27:17 PST 2004

What would be the functional equivalent of the #$ reader macro?
Something like (ccl::load-os-constant sym)?  (Of course this would
only be equivalent for symbols, not for short string constants).

The reason I'm wondering is because LispWorks seems to have trouble
even reading forms protected by #+openmcl:

   CL-USER 2 > (read-from-string "#+openmcl (defun foo () #$EINTR)")

   Error: Subcharacter #\$ not defined for dispatch char #\#.

 From the description of *read-suppress* in the CLHS, it seems that
LispWorks' behavior should not be surprising (right?).

If LispWorks can't be blamed, I suppose it would be nice if all the
reader macros had exported functional equivalents.  Or should I just
be using #.(read-from-string "#$EINTR")?

Thanks,
John Wiseman