[Openmcl-devel] Idle openmcl via slime pin's cpu.

bryan o'connor bryan-openmcl at lunch.org
Wed Feb 4 15:49:36 PST 2004

> When I fire up slime it seems to work, though I've not exercised it
> extensively, but when idle it pins the processor.

swank-openmcl.lisp was using process-wait for the control thread
when waiting for work to do.  i patched it (it's in CVS now) to
use semaphores instead.  emacs+slime has been idling on my pbook
for the last hour without 0% cpu and more importantly not spinning
up the fan.

whether process-wait should be pegging the CPU is a different
question.  some CPU penalty is probably unavoidable.  gary can
answer to that a lot better than i could.

					...bryan