[Openmcl-devel] OpenMCL CVS trees

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed Feb 25 02:15:32 PST 2004

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Timothy Moore wrote:

> This may be a silly question: is 0.14.1-p1 built from the "bleeding
> edge" CVS tree or the more stable tree? Is one of those trees now
> deprecated?
>
> Thanks,
> Tim

It was built from the more stable (0.14) tree, though I just noticed a
few hours ago that there's some experimental (ObjC/Cocoa) code in the
"examples" directory of the 0.14 tree that probably belongs in the
bleeding-edge (0.14-dev) tree.

The general idea is/should be that the main 0.14 tree = the last release
+ bug fixes that aren't too hard to bootstrap, whereas the 0.14-dev
tree contains more experimental/speculative stuff that may or may not
even build at a given point in time.  (Like a few days ago, for instance.)

I should have remembered to do a "cvs tag" in the 0.14 tree for both
0.14.1 and 0.14.1-p1; I'll try to do that retroactively (by date)

Aside from the ObjC/Cocoa changes (that I think are there accidentally),
the only post-0.14.1-p1 changes that "should" be in the 0.14 tree are
the removal of a debugging breakpoint in SAVE-APPLICATION (and a change
that seems to have fixed the problem that the breakpoint was supposed
to catch) and a fix to a bug that prevented writer/accessor methods
from working on foreign slots.  (At least I think that those are the
only changes.)