[Openmcl-devel] class-slots

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon Jan 5 10:13:04 PST 2004

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Brendan Burns wrote:

> Hello,
> I've got some code which is referencing the functions
>
> ccl::class-instance-slots
>
> and
>
> ccl::class-direct-instance-slots
>
> but they don't seem to exist anymore...  Is that right?

Yes.

>  Are there replacements?

CLASS-SLOTS returns a list of all effective slot definitions in a
class (regardless of whether those slots have :INSTANCE or :CLASS
SLOT-DEFINITION-ALLOCATIONs).

CLASS-DIRECT-SLOTS does the analogous thing for the class's direct
slot-definitions.

The "slot definition objects" returned by the old internal CCL package
functions were lists; the objects returned by the MOP functions are
standard objects of type SLOT-DEFINITION (i.e., their classes have
slots that're described by SLOT-DEFINITION objects ...)