[Openmcl-devel] Crash on allocating new pointer

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Jul 1 18:32:08 PDT 2004

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Andrew P. Lentvorski, Jr. wrote:

> Okay, after digging way down and finding %new-ptr, malloc, and free, I
> attempted to use %new-ptr to give me a cleared block of memory so that
> I could at least guarantee that the int I was passing was a zero.
> However, it tosses an illegal instruction exception.
>
> What did I do wrong this time?
>
> -a

You tried to call CCL::%NEW-PTR, which basically (a)  shouldn't exist
(b) doesn't work in compiled code and (c) can't be in the level-0 directory,
since it uses LOAD-TIME-VALUE (which doesn't work right in the cold load.)

There's a call to #_gtk_init in "ccl:library;openmcl-gtk-support.lisp";
you might find that helpful (especially in the context of the long reply
I sent last night.)