[Openmcl-devel] First draft!

Barry Perryman gekki_uk at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 7 02:15:16 PDT 2004

but instead of being built twice we get 24 builds a day, for possibly no
changes :)

What about combining the two approaches and use a method similar to the
continuous integration software tools*.  If we know that the site has been
updated since we last rebuilt it, BUT there have been no changes in the last
say 10 minutes then we rebuild the site. That way, multiple checkins are not
going to build the site multiple times and we also aren't going to be
rebuilding the site when no mods have been made.

Depending on the scheduling of the rebuild you'll only wait a maximum of:
    (+ cron-task rebuild-time inactivity-time)
before the changes are available.

Barry

---
* Software such as Cruise Control.NET for example.
[Hello, My name's Barry and I'm a .NET developer]