[Openmcl-devel] Segmentation fault on linuxppc

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed Jul 14 07:30:15 PDT 2004

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 ji at knowledgetools.de wrote:

Sorry that your message was "held for approval" for so long; I missed
it.

> hallo,
>
> i have try to use openmcl 0.14.2-p1 on my gentoo linuxppc
> with kernel 2.6.7 and libc 2.3.3.
> but ppccl faild with "Segmentation fault".
>
> gdb output:
> 0x30011ec0 in ?? ()
> (gdb) ba
> #0  0x30011ec0 in ?? ()
> (gdb)
>
> has anybody a solution?

Running OpenMCL under GDB is complicated; OpenMCL uses signals
(including SIGSEGV) internally, and GDB has to be taught to ignore
those signals.  (See "ccl:lisp-kernel;linux;.gdbinit").  Complicating
matters still further, GDB assumes that all SIGTRAP signals that the
application generates are caused by GDB activity; OpenMCL violates that
assumption.  (There may be a good way to modify GDB to make other
assumptions; I find it easier to modify the Linux kernel to generate
SIGILL for illegal instruction/trap other than a breakpoint.)

What happens when you try to run without GDB ?