[Openmcl-devel] Building OpenMCL from cvs

Thom Goodsell tgg at mac.com
Thu Jul 22 07:35:15 PDT 2004

I'm running into a few problems and thought that getting the freshest
from CVS might help. I'm getting frustrated, however, trying to build
the latest version. Could someone take two minutes and give me the
barebones instructions? That is, what should I do to get from

	"$ cvs -d :pserver:cvs at clozure.com:/usr/local/tmpcvs/ccl-0.14-dev login
	 # <enter "cvs" when prompted for a password>
	 $ cvs -d :pserver:cvs at clozure.com:/usr/local/tmpcvs/ccl-0.14-dev get
ccl"

	"8: ~ % openmcl
	 Welcome to OpenMCL Version (Alpha: Darwin) 0.14-<latest>!
	 ?  "

I realize that this appears to be covered in the documentation
(<http://openmcl.clozure.com/Doc/ch10.html>), but this seems to be
aimed at people who have a much greater understanding than I do.

Thanks,
Thom Goodsell