[Openmcl-devel] Faster Formatting for fun (the OpenMCL version)

Gary King gwking at cs.umass.edu
Mon Jun 7 09:32:10 PDT 2004

Ahhh, good idea. That turns out to be the "reason" that MCL was consing
so much and OpenMCL wasn't: I had *print-pretty* set to t in MCL and
nil in OpenMCL. FWIW, I had *print-pretty* and *print-readably*
confused in my head and thought that using princ was giving me the
benefits of *print-pretty* being false. Another small win is to convert
the princ's into write-string's for the things that are strings. I'd
still like to make it faster though.

--
Gary Warren King, Lab Manager
EKSL East, University of Massachusetts * 413 577 0176

"no art, however minor, demands less than total dedication if you want
to excel in it."
   -- Alberti