[Openmcl-devel] Porting Wood and how to handle source code conflicts with Digitool

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed Jun 9 11:40:02 PDT 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Gary Byers wrote:

> Again, I don't know about the MCL case.

I finally (for the first time in 10 years or so ...) looked at WOOD
sources.   They seem to be covered under a license that allows you
to do pretty much whatever you want to with them, with one constraint:

;; Copyright © 1996-1999 Digitool, Inc.
;; Copyright © 1992-1995 Apple Computer, Inc.
;; All rights reserved.
;; Permission is given to use, copy, and modify this software provided
;; that Digitool is given credit in all derivative works.
;; This software is provided "as is". Digitool makes no warranty or
;; representation, either express or implied, with respect to this software,
;; its quality, accuracy, merchantability, or fitness for a particular
;; purpose.
;;

So, if you want to port this to OpenMCL or other implementations (or
do pretty much anything else with it),

a) give credit to Digitool
b) don't sue them.