[Openmcl-devel] Problems with the SLIME debugger

Christian Hofer c_hofer at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Jun 11 10:43:38 PDT 2004

Hi,

when I'm working with OpenMCL on Darwin, and SLIME, I just cannot
figure out, how to use the debugger correctly. I just downloaded the
newest OpenMCL release and the newest SLIME tarball, and the behaviour
is getting even worse.

E.g. when I try to evaluate the variable test in the listener, I get -
as expected - the following error:

Unbound variable: TEST
    [Condition of type UNBOUND-VARIABLE]

Restarts:
   0: [CONTINUE] Retry getting the value of TEST.
   1: [USE-VALUE] Specify a value of TEST to use this time.
   2: [STORE-VALUE] Specify a value of TEST to store and use.
   3: [ABORT] Abort handling SLIME request.
   4: [ABORT-BREAK] #<RESTART ABORT-BREAK #x1692E06>
   5: [ABORT] #<RESTART ABORT #x1692E2E>

Now, none of the aborts seem to work properly. When I chose 3, I get
the following error:

Undefined function CCL::SIMPLE-RESTART called with arguments () .
    [Condition of type CCL::UNDEFINED-FUNCTION-CALL]

When I try, on the other hand option 4 or 5, the listener seems to
loose contact to OpenMCL.

SBCL on FreeBSD behaves completely different and I did not encounter
any similiar problems.

Thus I wanted to know, if the lost connection is expected behaviour.
And on the other hand, if I did s.th. wrong during installation or if
simple-restart does not work at the moment?

Thanks,
Chris