[Openmcl-devel] bad defclass causing side effect

Hamilton Link hamlink at comcast.net
Sun Jun 13 14:25:29 PDT 2004

To me this isn't doesn't look so much like odd persistent behavior as
undesirable side effects when you redefine a class badly (still, looks
like a bug).

The first bad defclas doesn't create a class, but once BAR is created
(with your second call) the error from the subsequent redefinition
should probably (but doesn't) prevent a side effect on the class. Then
when you try to redefine the class again in a valid way, it looks at
the now-broken class and chokes... seems like a bug just from a DWIM
standpoint but I don't know what the letter of the law is on when
defclass side effects take place, that would be a question for Gary.