[Openmcl-devel] Gtk examples in openmcl?

Andrew P. Lentvorski, Jr. bsder at mail.allcaps.org
Tue Jun 15 01:43:10 PDT 2004

Greetings,

I was trying to get the gtk examples to work in openmcl, but I don't
seem to be getting very far.

First, the gtk libraries are looking for "libgdk.so".  I don't think
this is correct.  So, I changed it to "libgdk.dylib".  This still
didn't work until I specified the full fink path of
"/sw/lib/libgdk.dylib".  At this point, the system recognized and
pulled in the library.

However, once I do that, then I get another error:
Andrew-Lentvorskis-Computer:/home/alpha/ccl/examples andrewl$ openmcl
Welcome to OpenMCL Version (Beta: Darwin) 0.14.2-p1!
? (require "gtk-minesweeper.lisp")
; Warning: Interface file #4P"ccl:darwin-headers;gtk;functions.cdb"
does not exist.
; While executing: CDB-OPEN
 > Error in process listener(1): Foreign function not found:
OS::|gtk_init|
 > While executing: LOAD-EXTERNAL-FUNCTION
 > Type :POP to abort.

In addition, I tried to pull the latest devel CVS, but it just seems to
hang at the MacOS directory.

I'm running OS X 10.3.4 on a 15" AlBook G4.

I'm sorry that I'm asking such newbie questions, but I'm just coming
back to Lisp.  I'm still struggling with getting a decent environment
wrapped together to do work on this.

Thanks,
-a