[Openmcl-devel] help on diagnosing an OpenMCL crash

Gary King gwking at cs.umass.edu
Fri Jun 18 12:49:39 PDT 2004

We're running OpenMCL 0.14.2-p1 under OS X 10.3.4 on several different
machines. We have a fairly large Lisp tick-based simulation / data
collection application and have run into a problem recently when trying
to run the simulation for long periods of time. Note that this runs
successfully under MCL. Under OpenMCL, one of the following behaviors
occurs:

(). OpenMCL just quits and returns to the command prompt at the terminal
(). OpenMCL quits with a bus error

I'm not sure what's going on here and I'm not sure how to find out! Are
there things I can do to help ensure that OpenMCL ends up in the
debugger instead of returning to the command point?

thanks,
--
Gary Warren King, Lab Manager
EKSL East, University of Massachusetts * 413 577 0176

When you lose small businesses, you lose big ideas.
   -- Ted Turner, Washington Post May 30, 2003