[Openmcl-devel] help on diagnosing an OpenMCL crash

Jens Bjerrehuus jens at bjerrehuus.dk
Sun Jun 20 02:00:57 PDT 2004

Den 18/6-2004, kl. 22.44, skrev Gary Byers:

> Is there a crash log in ~Library/Logs/CrashReporter/ ?  (My dim
> recollection is that you used to have to do something to enable this,
> or to enable logging to application-specific log files, or something.
> I can't find any such option in Panther's Console.app and seem to
> have application-specific crash logs ...)

There are these settings in /etc/hostconfig:

COREDUMPS=-NO-
CRASHREPORTER=-NO-

which control the creation of core dumps and the use of the crash
reporter respectively.  Mine are obviously disabled, but you just
change the -NO- to -YES- to enable them.  I think, at least to enable
the crash reporter, you need to reboot after changing /etc/hostconfig;
there's a crash reporter deamon that needs to be started--you could
probably find it somewhere in StartupItems to avoid the reboot.

Best regards,
Jens