[Openmcl-devel] Restart strangeness

Marco Baringer mb at bese.it
Wed Jun 23 00:10:37 PDT 2004

Gary Byers <gb at clozure.com> writes:

> As far as I know, the bug that affects SLIME is in
> INVOKE-RESTART-INTERACTIVELY and its ability to recognize restarts
> set up by WITH-SIMPLE-RESTART.  (Bryan O'Connor fixed a similar bug
> in INVOKE-RESTART a few months ago, but we both missed the fact that
> the interactive case had the same problem.)  That should be fixed in
> CVS as of this morning.  (There's certainly been a bug in
> INVOKE-RESTART-INTERACTIVELY and I -hope- it's been the cause of the
> problems with SLIME; I don't use SLIME regularly and haven't tried
> to confirm this yet.)

the SLIME bug is fixed using CVS OpenMCL. Is there any way SLIME can
determine which restarts those "catch all" restarts are? or could we
just add a note in the description of the restarts? quite a few people
have been wondering why SLIME "dies" when those restarts are selected
(when in fact they are doing exactly what they're supposed to do).

--
-Marco
Ring the bells that still can ring.