[Openmcl-devel] Searching list archives

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Mar 9 12:38:57 PST 2004

On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Duncan Rose wrote:

> Is it just me or does the search facility for the mailing lists always
> fail to find results?
>
> -Duncan

I believe that it's a file-protection problem (the indexing software,
mailing list manager, and web server all run under different UIDs.)
I was getting regular complaints about this from the cron job that
rebuilds the indices, fixed the complaints but seem to have broken
the indexing in the process of doing so.  I'll look at it.

(Another option would be to use different archiving/indexing software;
there are some things that're a little better integrated with each other
than what's installed now.)