[Openmcl-devel] Debugging a class precedence problem

Gary King gwking at cs.umass.edu
Mon Mar 15 13:53:29 PST 2004

This is from code that runs under MCL 5.0 but not under OpenMCL. I
think that the code because of changes in the MOP. I'm not, however,
quite sure how to interpret the error message or what I should do to
fix my code.

 > Error in process listener(1): Class precedence list of
#<STANDARD-CLASS BASIC-SCENARIO> contains FORWARD-REFERENCED-CLASS
#<CCL:FORWARD-REFERENCED-CLASS
HIERACHICAL-AGENT-CONTROL::RANDOM-NUMBER-GENERATION-MIXIN> .
 > While executing: #<CCL::STANDARD-KERNEL-METHOD
CCL:COMPUTE-DEFAULT-INITARGS (CCL::SLOTS-CLASS)>
 > Type :POP to abort.
Type :? for other options.
1 >

Thanks,
--
Gary Warren King, Lab Manager
EKSL East, University of Massachusetts * 413 577 0176

There is no self, if by self we mean some central cognitive essence
that makes me who and what I am. In its place there is just the “soft
self”: a rough and tumble, control sharing coalition of proceses--some
neural, some bodily, some technologica--and an ongoing drive to tell a
story, to pain a picture in which “I” an the central player.
-- Andy Clark, Natural Born Cyborgs