[Openmcl-devel] cool example and 10.3.3 IDE issue

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Wed Mar 17 12:53:02 PST 2004

On Mar 17, 2004, at 9:35 AM, Anders Conradi wrote:

>> Does it run independently of the demo IDE ?
>
> I'm afraid not. Now it is just an implementation of a
> window-controller that loads a nib-file with the GUI and some methods
> to do the conversion.
>
> For me, even getting this far was a bit of a hassle, especially when I
> wanted it to compile cleanly. It was basically a way for me to see how
> to write cocoa stuff in openmcl.
>
> It is really small, so I'll attach it.
> <temperatures.tar.gz>

This is a really neat example - you can modify the .nib file in
interface builder, then call:
(open-gui)
and the modifications to the user interface will be reflected inside
the running OpenMCL IDE.

Pretty cool.

raf

BTW, I just upgraded to 10.3.3, and after the upgrade, I wanted to try
this example, but the OpenMCL IDE wouldn't launch. I tried:
touch /path/to/OpenMCL.app
but still no luck.
I had to do:
(require 'cocoa-application)
from the command line in order to make a new OpenMCL IDE, then it would
launch from the Finder, and I could run Anders' example.

Thought you'd want to know Gary.

regards,

raf

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.