[Openmcl-devel] %directory-string-list fails on real Mac filenames

Stonewall Ballard sb.list at sb.org
Thu Mar 25 20:49:00 PST 2004

I just discovered that in OpenMCL (at least, 0.14.1)
%directory-string-list fails with files in my iTunes Music folder,
apparently due to semicolons in the filenames.

Try #P";/"

I get Error in process listener(1): Illegal directory string ";/"
While executing CCL::%DIRECTORY-STRING-LIST

I see the comment in %directory-string-list, but this is happening
inside a call to "directory", so I don't have an opportunity to escape
the semicolon.

I need to fix this somehow. Would it hurt to remove awareness of
semicolons from  %directory-string-list? I'm not clear on what they're
used for.

Thanks.

  - Stoney