[Openmcl-devel] Using OpenMCL as a shell scripting interpreter

Gary King gwking at cs.umass.edu
Sun Mar 28 18:22:11 PST 2004

This is almost completely speculation on my part, but I think that the
problem might be related to /usr/local/bin/openmcl being a shell script
itself. I tried messing with scripts calling scripts and found the
behavior strange (or maybe my test example were...). I tried a script
like:

#! /usr/local/bin/ccl/ccl/dppccl -V

and

#! /usr/local/bin/ccl/ccl/dppccl --image-name
/usr/local/bin/ccl/ccl/dppccl.image -V

but both of these give the following error: "Couldn't load lisp heap
image from dppccl.image" (even though they work from the shell prompt).

So no light shed here but maybe some more smoke...