[Openmcl-devel] Building from source problem

Christian Hofer c_hofer at rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Sat May 1 12:55:25 PDT 2004

Am 01.05.2004 um 20:03 schrieb Gary Byers:

> You can see the current global optimization settings by doing:
>
> ? (ccl:declaration-information 'optimize nil)
>
> If this theory is correct, one or more of those flags would have had
> a value other than 1 in the environment in which you recompiled things.
> It may be the case that SLIME itself is responsible for having made
> the OPTIMIZE proclamations/declamations in question; if that's the
> case, rebuilding things without SLIME might be the simplest workaround.

Thank you very much! I was able to recompile everything from outside of
SLIME and now it is working fine. Let's see if the SLIME debugger is
working as supposed now...

I am still amazed how helpful the lisp community (in this case: you) is
to us newbies. I am sorry for asking questions, where the answers might
be obvious to you ("Hey, just compile it again, not using SLIME"). I am
still learning (and there is still a high barrier towards learnig lisp
having to figure out all this other stuff: cvs, unix installation
procedures etc), and I hope some day to be able to give something back.

So thank you, again.

Chris