[Openmcl-devel] Re: [Bug-openmcl] NSViewHierarchyLock Assertion failure

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu May 20 17:28:52 PDT 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

> On May 20, 2004, at 7:11 AM, Gary Byers wrote:
>
> > If anyone can trigger the assertion failure after changing :DEFER to
> > T in TINY-SETUP, it would shoot a hole in an otherwise very nice
> > theory.
> > I haven't been able to do so so far ...
>
> Good news and bad news.
>
> Good news:
>
> I can confirm that after changing :defer to t, the IDE doesn't crash,
> even after many hundreds of iterations of:
>
> (loop do (let* ((w (ccl::tiny-setup))) (sleep 1) (ccl::send w 'close)))

That does seem to be good news; thanks.

> If I click the close box of one of these windows, I can get the
> following hang where I'm dropped into the kernel debugger very
> consistently:

The loop above is trying to close a window that's already been closed.
If you really wanted that to work, you'd probably have to do something
other than blindly sending a CLOSE messsage; I was just sloppily doing
that in the test case because I didn't want to see 100 TINY windows
on the screen at once.