[Openmcl-devel] wiki spam

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Tue Nov 2 18:13:45 PST 2004

On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Gary Byers wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, John Wiseman wrote:
>
> > I see the OpenMCL wiki (<http://openmcl.clozure.com/openmcl-wiki/>)
> > is being overrun by spammers.  Are there any wiki experts around
> > that know of good ways to deal with this problem?
> >

> > John
> >

> Yuck; thanks for pointing this out (and thanks to anyone else who's
> tried to clean any of this up in the last few days.)

I just spent parts of the last hour or so trying to clean up spam on
the wiki.

While I was doing so, more spam was added.

The webserver now denies write (POST) access to /openmcl-wiki.  That
kind of defeats the purpose of having a wiki, and hopefully the spam
filter or some other strategy will provide a better long-term
solution.